HealthOffice 2000 Enterprise ....................... MDAC 2.6 SP1 (2.61.7326.6)
Note: The MDAC version can be located in the system's registry at
Q. What is MDAC?
A. Microsoft® Data Access Components (MDAC) are key technologies that enable Universal Data Access. Data-driven client/server applications that are deployed over the Web or a local area network (LAN) can use these components to integrate information from a variety of sources, both relational (SQL) and non-relational. These components include Microsoft® ActiveX® Data Objects (ADO), OLE DB, and Open Database Connectivity (ODBC).
Q. What are the system requirements for installing MDAC 2.6 SP1?
A. The minimum system requirements necessary to install and use MDAC 2.6 SP1 are:
· A 486 or faster processor.
· Microsoft Windows® 95, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows NT® 4.0 Service Pack 5 or later, Microsoft Windows 2000®, or Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition.
· Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 2 or later.
· Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM 95), originally provided with Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 2.
· Administrator permissions on the computer (if you are using Microsoft Windows NT® or Windows 2000).
· Approximately 20 MB of free disk space on the system drive.
MDAC 2.6 SP1 is supported on the following configurations:
Windows 95 with the Y2K Update and Internet Explorer 4.01 SP2 or later
Windows 98 with the Y2K Update 2 and Internet Explorer 4.01 SP2 or later
Windows 98 Second Edition
NT 4 SP5 (or greater) and IE 4.01 SP2 or later
More information about MDAC can be found at the Microsoft Universal Data Access Web Site at http://www.microsoft.com/data